The 2018 CHaD HERO raised over $800,000 for CHaD kids and families. What a HEROIC day! 3,000 participants joined us to run, walk, hike, and bike to raise money for vital services and programs for CHaD kids.
- Our participants ran, walked, hiked and biked 13,000 miles combined.
- 330 student-athletes, parents and coaches from Team Finding Our Stride raised over $33,000 for CHaD Kids. Finding Our Stride is a school-based running initiative that works with students in elementary and middle schools in the Upper Valley, building fitness, self-esteem and teamwork.
- 400 EPIC volunteers helped make this year’s CHaD HERO a successful and safe event, and they raised over $22,000!
- We had 80 corporate and gift-in-kind partners who went above and beyond to support this year’s event.
Avery, our 2018 Kid HERO, had the honor of kicking off the 5K and hike and sending off participants with well wishes. Her team, Team brAVERY, was created by her father after she was diagnosed with B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the spring of 2017. This year, they raised more than $14,000 for CHaD kids, like Avery, who rely on programs and services CHaD provides. Thank you, Team brAVERY! Read more about Avery’s heroic journey HERE.
“We hope our small effort of raising money and participating in the CHaD HERO helps every family that has their world flipped upside down and needs the full army of support that CHaD provides.” – Chris Smith, Avery’s Dad
The CHaD HERO matters because proceeds help fund critical programs and services that support our young patients and their families. Such programs include:
- Molly’s Place, a soothing space with an engaging activity area for children, plus health information and resources for families.
- The Child Life Program, which provides emotional and developmental support to 12,000 kids annually.
- Child Advocacy and Protection Program (CAPP) that support our most vulnerable children being evaluated and managed for child maltreatment; including consultations for physical and sexual abuse and neglect.
Thank you so much to our fundraisers, participants, volunteers and donors for allowing kids to get back to the business of being kids! Check out our 2018 CHaD HERO Annual Report for details about YOUR IMPACT. We couldn’t have done it without each of you.
Mark your calendars – the 14th Annual CHaD HERO will take place on October 20th, 2019. Registration opens Spring 2019! To learn more, visit: chadhero.org.